help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; was cleaning car and noticed oil drippin from right front looks like its comin from brake or axle should i ...

help

was cleaning car and noticed oil drippin from right front looks like its comin from brake or axle should i take it 2 dealer dont know if they will warrenty i put springs on it plllllllllllleeeeeeese help info gladly appresssssssiated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This guy that bought my downpipe yesterday had the same thing with his '06 WRX wagon. It turned out to be a seal leaking from the strut. Take the wheel off and see if you can get a better look at the source of the leak.

strut leaking

its anew strut from subaru because i kinda stripped last one spring install could it be the axle

Still, would not hurt to take the wheel off to see the source of the leak. It could be a damaged brake line from the strut install, or the new strut could be defective. You'll never know unless you take a look. And, if either one of those are the case, it's no-cost to you. (tow it if it is the brake line)

Quote Originally Posted by encryptedzion View Post
    Still, would not hurt to take the wheel off to see the source of the leak. It could be a damaged brake line from the strut install, or the new strut could be defective. You'll never know unless you take a look. And, if either one of those are the case, it's no-cost to you. (tow it if it is the brake line)
    ok no leak from brakes it looks like its comin from strut but how its new and i did how sorry for all the questions thanx

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    ok no leak from brakes it looks like its comin from strut but how its new and i did how sorry for all the questions thanx
    The strut could have been defective from manufacturing and nothing that you caused. They are what the industry calls "test escapees". It's not something that happens all the time (depending on the quality standards), but it does happen and is why parts are warrantied against defects.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.