Is my radiator defective?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Is my radiator defective? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; As you can see in the attachments, my radiator has two (one can be seen) aluminum "teeth" which are not ...

Question Is my radiator defective?

As you can see in the attachments, my radiator has two (one can be seen) aluminum "teeth" which are not bent over. This does not look right to me.

Slightly different angle, the tooth next to this one and under the hose is also not bent.

I can also clearly see something is leaking coolant, and I am wondering if it could be these non bent teeth? It could also be either the hose (which is also in the proximity of the leakage), or just that the radiator is seeping and needs to be replaced...

I've only recently purchased the car secondhand, it's a MY02 WRX Impreza.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1049.JPG   IMG_1054.JPG  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    I can't say if it's defective or not but the same thing is happening with my 04 WRX.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

..bump..

..bump...

So no one knows if this is normal?

Could someone with a MY02 WRX possibly take a look at theirs to see if it is the same? (i'm referring to the unbent teeth)..

Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.