Jolt at 4000 then all good! Any ideas
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Jolt at 4000 then all good! Any ideas within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, Has anyone ever experienced jolting around 4000 RPM then all good beyond to 7000 RPM? I own a ...

Red face Jolt at 4000 then all good! Any ideas

Hi all,

Has anyone ever experienced jolting around 4000 RPM then all good beyond to 7000 RPM?

I own a stock WRX 2000 Impreza and trying to nail the issue. I'm tippping it could be an Air Flow Meter issue or Mass Air flow meter. Have done a major service on it and still doing it.

Any ideas or have ever heard of such an issue?

I have pulled the AF meter out and given it a good clean as best i can. After purchasing the car the air filter was wrotten so replaced with a performance filter. There was a lot of black dirt in there too.

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hi Haydos,

Had similar prob in my 97, was diagnosed that the oil seal on the turbo was shagged causing it to suck a gut load of oil and near standing everything on its nose, would clear and then be fine. I upgraded the turbo to a vf22 rather than change the seals and at the same time installed a front mount intercooler and a turbo smart boost controller. However, wether the initial diagnosis was correct or not, I'm not quite sure! With stock injectors and fuel pump, I still get the same savage cough if I turn the boost tap up to far. I think this could be a form of overboosting or a severe shortage of fuel getting in. I imagine a shortage of air would behave in the same manner as a shortage of fuel.

Although this reply may not be a lot of help, I thought it might be fuel for thought!

Regards,

Wizard.

Wizard,

Thanks for your reply! Didnt think of that as a possible cause for my issues. Will check the Turbo out and see what happens from there. In the mean time if anyone else has any ideas and thoughts on the matter would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers again wizard

Haydos

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.