Blew the #1 cylinder!

This is a discussion on Blew the #1 cylinder! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well, i just got confirmation that i have managed to blow the #1 cylinder in my 05 WRX. there may ...

Blew the #1 cylinder!

well, i just got confirmation that i have managed to blow the #1 cylinder in my 05 WRX. there may be additional damage to the engine, but they haven't even gotten into the thick of it yet. i have most maintenance records showing the oil was changed on a somewhat regular basis, but proving that I changed the oil in my own driveway has become a bit more difficult. the warranty should cover this but since i dont have "stellar" maintenance records, they arent sure about covering this.

i wanted to know if anyone else has had, or knows of anyone that has had this issue in their WRX. my car only has 36K mi on it and i drive it hard, but not hard enough for something like this to happen.

help! i may be looking at a full engine replacement here...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just blew the rod bearings in my motor. Had to have the WHOLE motor replaced in my 02'.

Total ****ing garbage.

I take pics with my digital camera of the oil/filter receipt and odometer and put it on a cd-rom. Thermo print receipts can fade and be impossible to read two years old. The cd-rom goes in the fire chest.

good idea

i will definetely take digital pics of receipts. dealer can be crafty .

Quote Originally Posted by klangford View Post
    well, i just got confirmation that i have managed to blow the #1 cylinder in my 05 WRX. there may be additional damage to the engine, but they haven't even gotten into the thick of it yet. i have most maintenance records showing the oil was changed on a somewhat regular basis, but proving that I changed the oil in my own driveway has become a bit more difficult. the warranty should cover this but since i dont have "stellar" maintenance records, they arent sure about covering this.

i wanted to know if anyone else has had, or knows of anyone that has had this issue in their WRX. my car only has 36K mi on it and i drive it hard, but not hard enough for something like this to happen.

help! i may be looking at a full engine replacement here...
    see, this is the kinda thing that makes me paranoid sometimes. Do you have any mods on your car? I have an '05 wrx w/ 24k miles as well and its currently cobb stage 2. my engine maintenance is performed at the regular intervals described in the manual +/- 500 miles, but i keep hearing of peoples engines just suddenly blowing up with low milage. i know if that happened to me, they would end up finding out it was modded and id be screwed.

i am not whole heartily convinced on reliability.