Blew the #1 cylinder!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Blew the #1 cylinder! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well, i just got confirmation that i have managed to blow the #1 cylinder in my 05 WRX. there may ...

Blew the #1 cylinder!

well, i just got confirmation that i have managed to blow the #1 cylinder in my 05 WRX. there may be additional damage to the engine, but they haven't even gotten into the thick of it yet. i have most maintenance records showing the oil was changed on a somewhat regular basis, but proving that I changed the oil in my own driveway has become a bit more difficult. the warranty should cover this but since i dont have "stellar" maintenance records, they arent sure about covering this.

i wanted to know if anyone else has had, or knows of anyone that has had this issue in their WRX. my car only has 36K mi on it and i drive it hard, but not hard enough for something like this to happen.

help! i may be looking at a full engine replacement here...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just blew the rod bearings in my motor. Had to have the WHOLE motor replaced in my 02'.

Total ****ing garbage.

I take pics with my digital camera of the oil/filter receipt and odometer and put it on a cd-rom. Thermo print receipts can fade and be impossible to read two years old. The cd-rom goes in the fire chest.

good idea

i will definetely take digital pics of receipts. dealer can be crafty .

Quote Originally Posted by klangford View Post
    well, i just got confirmation that i have managed to blow the #1 cylinder in my 05 WRX. there may be additional damage to the engine, but they haven't even gotten into the thick of it yet. i have most maintenance records showing the oil was changed on a somewhat regular basis, but proving that I changed the oil in my own driveway has become a bit more difficult. the warranty should cover this but since i dont have "stellar" maintenance records, they arent sure about covering this.

i wanted to know if anyone else has had, or knows of anyone that has had this issue in their WRX. my car only has 36K mi on it and i drive it hard, but not hard enough for something like this to happen.

help! i may be looking at a full engine replacement here...
    see, this is the kinda thing that makes me paranoid sometimes. Do you have any mods on your car? I have an '05 wrx w/ 24k miles as well and its currently cobb stage 2. my engine maintenance is performed at the regular intervals described in the manual +/- 500 miles, but i keep hearing of peoples engines just suddenly blowing up with low milage. i know if that happened to me, they would end up finding out it was modded and id be screwed.

i am not whole heartily convinced on reliability.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.