04 sti: tach,odo,speedo,fuelgauge

This is a discussion on 04 sti: tach,odo,speedo,fuelgauge within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; wassup everone. Well this is my problem, on my 04 sti my speedo, odometer, fuel gauge and tach dont work. ...

04 sti: tach,odo,speedo,fuelgauge

wassup everone. Well this is my problem, on my 04 sti my speedo, odometer, fuel gauge and tach dont work. Other lights work such as the dccd light. I checked for blown fuses but did not find any. Anyone know what i should be looking for? maybe a harness problem somewhere? no mods on my sti

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

After reading my 2004 Service Manual CD, the common elements those 4 gauges on the STi gauge cluster have is that they are all stepping motor type gauges. My guess is the stepping motor contoller chip within the cluster is bad and the cluster will need to be replaced.

If you need it, I can copy the pages so you can follow the necessary steps to check and see if each gauge is getting the voltage it needs from the harness. Just PM me your email address.

has the cluster been out or have you had any electrical work done recently?
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

If you need to have it repaired, send it to Tacoma Speedometer. Those guys are great, and are familiar with the Sti gauges. You can contact them at www.tacomaspeedometer.com .

Is it just the lights that don't work on your gauges? Or do the gauges not function at all?

If its just the lights on the gauges... try checking the dimmer on your turn signal stalk.
    NEW ENGLAND F4

TUNERNetwork.com
    Great site for anyone in the north east.