Air Conditioning problems

This is a discussion on Air Conditioning problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have an 02 wrx wagon and the ac doesnt work. It also makes a kina hair dryer sound when ...

Air Conditioning problems

i have an 02 wrx wagon and the ac doesnt work. It also makes a kina hair dryer sound when i try to turn it on. does anybody know whats up with that

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tkilla View Post
    i have an 02 wrx wagon and the ac doesnt work. It also makes a kina hair dryer sound when i try to turn it on. does anybody know whats up with that
    i got no clue, but what i do know, i have an 02wrx, last summer ac worked fine, then winters over, summers here again, i turn on the a/c, and nothing...

checked the fuses and they seem fine, both incar and underhood. What i do notice thou, is when i press the a/c button, the cars idle/rev doesnt change, as if the ac didnt even turn on, or its seized or watever... any help? anyone experience something like this?

Describe "hair dryer sound" please? Also, is the sound coming through the air vents, or does it sound like it's coming from the engine compartment?

Banned
    did you push in the a/c button On the real I rolled around for months thinking I had no a/c cuz of this on an older impreza. I had to thighten the a/c belt on my new 02 wrx because it was making this god awfull noize when I turned it on. You will be suprized at how little information you will find on the a/c units on these cars. I bought a new belt thinking it was bad when all I had to do was losen a pulley and extend a set screw it was stupid easy. Beond that I cant tell you much. Take of the cover in the front and chech things out like all lines in and out of the a/c and I didn't know were even it was for a wile

Quote Originally Posted by ERIKBROCKHOFF View Post
    did you push in the a/c button On the real I rolled around for months thinking I had no a/c cuz of this on an older impreza. I had to thighten the a/c belt on my new 02 wrx because it was making this god awfull noize when I turned it on. You will be suprized at how little information you will find on the a/c units on these cars. I bought a new belt thinking it was bad when all I had to do was losen a pulley and extend a set screw it was stupid easy. Beond that I cant tell you much. Take of the cover in the front and chech things out like all lines in and out of the a/c and I didn't know were even it was for a wile
    yea i got no clue where none of the **** is at. im clueless when it comes to ac. Ac compressor and all its lines, etc, i got no clue what it looks like or where its located... only thing i read up sofar, is that it might be my expansion valve or something behind the glove box...