CEL problems...

This is a discussion on CEL problems... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got the car scanned after putting in the new block etc. And I have a few codes heh. ...

CEL problems...

I just got the car scanned after putting in the new block etc. And I have a few codes heh.

P0238, I did a search and found that it is a turbo boost sensor "high", but what exactly is this?

P0031 - I know what this is, and I hope it's a cut wire since I already replaced the sensor last year.

P0426- Cat........so I can disregard that one

The following are the injector codes that get thrown when you use a Utec with a JDM ECU, so I will disregard these as well.
    P0261
    P0264
    P0267
    P0270

Also, the car wont boost past 10psi. The solenoid works fine as I have tested it with others. When I unplug the battery to kill the ECU etc, it still wont boost. But if I take the hose off the solenoid, it will boost. Not sure whats going on here. Possibly a cut wire, or maybe im in limp mode.

Any thoughts? And whats the deal with the turbo sensor, what is it?
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

your boost issue is most likely due to the P0238, it seems like the "boost sensor" is a manifold vac/pres sensor other than the one next to the throttle body...
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox