Upgraded turbo hesitates to go.

This is a discussion on Upgraded turbo hesitates to go. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My wrx went in to the shop stage 2 with no drivability problems at all. After the 16g install with ...

Upgraded turbo hesitates to go.

My wrx went in to the shop stage 2 with no drivability problems at all. After the 16g install with all the other required parts and a dyno-tune the power still cuts in and out for a few seconds when i initially get on the gas. They have already spent a few hours trying to fix the problem but no success. they said they would work on a new map and to just drive it for a for now.

The problem is big enough that I cannot just ignore it so my question is: How much should I be expecting the shop to to about this problem without charging me.

I don't want to keep going there and have them spend many hours trying to fix it for free, but at the same time, the problem is from all those parts and the dyno tune did nothing for that problem. I am willing to pay a for a bit more dyno time but I want the problem fixed. If my car is just rejecting the upgrade and it can't be fixed without lots more work and money, I will gladly go back to stage 2 because that had no problems at all.

Just looking for some advice or opinions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pick up a cheap beater and leave the car at the shop until it is fixed

or go back to stage II - and hope that you don't have any issues.

This is why I have two cars - and one of them is stock.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals