Cruise Control Flashing
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cruise Control Flashing within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My check engine light came on the other day and my cruise control doesnt work. The light in my dash ...

Cruise Control Flashing

My check engine light came on the other day and my cruise control doesnt work. The light in my dash blinks on and off constantly. Im just curiuos if that is something an STI does when the check engine comes on or its something weird?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My car was having the exact same problem last night (I am assuming you mean that the Cruise Control light is blinking). I took it to the dealership so they could look up the code. Turns out the code was for the 'Throttle Position Circuit Range' <-- (Out of range they meant instead?, just reading word-to-word from the service paperwork), not quite sure what that equates to, but all that was required for resolving this was clearing the code and checking the wiring/connectors. It was free so I can't complain.

While I haven't tried the following (do at your own risk), people have cleared codes before by resetting the ECU or by using an AccessPort. You may just want to get it checked out just to be safe.
    Last edited by BlueBomber06; 03-27-2007 at 04:47 PM.
    2006 WRB WRX

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    its a fail safe for when you throw a CEL , you cant engage the cruise control so it flashes too
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I tried resetting it in hopes it would stay off but im not that lucky. Im taking it into the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully i dont get raped too bad

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.