Way too much brake noise... whats going on?

This is a discussion on Way too much brake noise... whats going on? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So yes the stock sti brembos are supposed to be loud but as of lately they are obnoxiously loud. I ...

Way too much brake noise... whats going on?

So yes the stock sti brembos are supposed to be loud but as of lately they are obnoxiously loud. I thought my stock pads needed to be replaced but they stiil have about 20% life left. I replaced them anyway with axxis ultimate's but they are still squealing. I even went back and put silicone brake lubricant on the metal plates contacting the pistons. It was quiet for about 20 minutes, but the squealing came back. I noticed a retainer clip missing on the front driver side caliper and 2 retainer clips missing from the driver side rear caliper. I ordered some new clips but I don't think that is causing the squealing. Btw the sound is heard under light braking. Under hard braking, no sound whatsoever. Any tips on what to do?
    03 PSM WRX(Herbie)- Deceased
    05 PSM STI(Angus)- New numbers coming soon!

Pics and Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You get your rotors turned down also?
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

Haven't done that yet but they are all smooth, maybe it's an excuse to buy some powerslots
    03 PSM WRX(Herbie)- Deceased
    05 PSM STI(Angus)- New numbers coming soon!

Pics and Mods

Sometimes what appears to be smooth has just a tiny little indent that makes it so the pads don't seat right for a while. I'm bad about buying new rotors when i get new pads. I just like to be thorough. Bleed your brakes too and see if there's any air in there. Sometimes not enough pressure can cause them to squeel a little.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

The axxis's will squeel, thats just because of how high temp they are and they are ceramic.