Strange noise from turbo after stage 2
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Strange noise from turbo after stage 2 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 05 WRX with uppipe, catless downpipe, snorkel removed, and XPT stage 2 map and 30K. about 500 ...

Strange noise from turbo after stage 2

I have an 05 WRX with uppipe, catless downpipe, snorkel removed, and XPT stage 2 map and 30K. about 500 miles after these mods, I started noticing a strange noice from I beleive the turbo. Its a loud whining only while the turbo is spooling, and only after sitting for a few moments. Once it spools its gone. It almost sounds like the compresser side is full of oil. I havent takin it apart yet, just wanted to see if anybody has had/heard of this. I did some logging and every thing looks good boost is a little low and the car feels like its loaded up after idling for a few moments, yet the oil level hasnt moved and it doesnt smoke at all

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If its like a woosh wine then its just the turbo spooling. But if its happening while its spooling and a little bit after that you may have a boost leak.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.