Limp mode but no cels !?!

This is a discussion on Limp mode but no cels !?! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yesterday I removed my Turbo to find a coolant leak and exhaust leak. Well once everything was put back together, ...

Unhappy Limp mode but no cels !?!

Yesterday I removed my Turbo to find a coolant leak and exhaust leak. Well once everything was put back together, I started it to check if problem was fixed. Yup problem fixed but now I'm in Limp mode (can't go past 3k rpm) and running lean.
    I'm not throwing any CEL's. I checked my EGT resistor mod and it is still good. Checked all my boost lines.
    I do not understand why it would be in limp mode when there is no CEL.

Any suggestions?
    02' WRX OSECUROM STG 2 93OCT on 91OCT map -13.708 SEC / 097.84 MPH / 1.86 60 ft @ No Problem Raceway

02' WRX OSECUROM STG 2.5 93OCT- 12.9 SEC @ No Problem Raceway
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You say you're running lean too? Did you mess at all with the MAF connector while digging on that side of the engine bay? Check that, check for a loose ground somewhere or other, and/or try a reset I'd guess.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I tried reseting with both ecuexplorer and unplugging the battery. But I will check the grounds and MAF.
    02' WRX OSECUROM STG 2 93OCT on 91OCT map -13.708 SEC / 097.84 MPH / 1.86 60 ft @ No Problem Raceway

Mods

alright i pretty sure i found the problem in the process of putting the IC back on I ripped off one of teh flanges on it. I dunno how but I did. So it was a MAJOR boost leak.

What gave me this epiphany was I actually decided to finally look at my boost while reving and it was going to vacuum.

Thanks SD_GR for making me to inspect my car again ::

Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hakira View Post
    Thanks SD_GR for making me to inspect my car again ::
    OK good luck hakira, stay safe working on it.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Okay woot under more review , My turbo is done, seems the oil seals are fubared

Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    So you saw oil in the IC? How do you know the seals are shot? Could you have left oil stains about the first time you tried to fix the leak? Is the banjo bolt on the oil like OK? If you're seeing a bit of oil in the IC as you've just pulled it, that might be OK as you know. It'd be a shame if the turbo actually is gone.

ODJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hakira View Post
    Yesterday I removed my Turbo to find a coolant leak and exhaust leak.
    Well, if you removed the turbo...
    There would certainly be a coolant leak along with an exhaust leak. I'll even wager that there'd be an oil leak too (sorry, couldn't help myself).

Seriously, I'm glad you tracked down your problem. Is it something you can slap some JB-Weld onto? Or are you going to need a new IC? Either way, I'll certainly be more careful the next time I'm reinstalling my IC.
    UNSPOILT BY PROGRESS

I totally forgot that the IC flanges are raised of the IC which made me think i snapped them. But once i removed it i was like duh, anyways back to the turbo. when i removed the IC the oil was puddle inside the snail. Its not leaking from the banjo bolts

I'm going to remove my turbo all over again look again. hip hip horray for another 4 hr job

Mods