New intake and Now seems to be blowing off air!!

This is a discussion on New intake and Now seems to be blowing off air!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just put a new SPT Intake on my WRX and when i get to 10 Psi of boost it ...

New intake and Now seems to be blowing off air!!

I just put a new SPT Intake on my WRX and when i get to 10 Psi of boost it sounds like the turbo is blowing off but it a constant flow seems to drive the same no lag that i have noticed but the noise is very noticable should i bee worried what could this bee before the intake there was no noise at all like this

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

puttin in that intake eliminated the use of the snorkus and stuff which silenced a lot of the sounds of the great boxer...its normal, when i had an intake it did the same coolness, but sold it to get my suspension set up

ya i have the same sound on my wrx with a snorkus delete. its normal. its just the boost settings, when you get to a certain amount of pressure it wont let you build more boost, therefore the sound. you will notice in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear the noise will be a bit louder and the turbo will be a little louder till that point because stock boost settings for those gears are higher. ( noise is due to wastegate opening, which slows down the turbo turbine therefore not making as much noise and keeping a steady boost level)
    Last edited by 03specR1; 03-30-2007 at 06:45 PM.
    03 wrx spec r1 #66

mods: perrin turbo inlet hose, silencer delete, dvd player.

mod wishlist: AP stage 2, short shifter, bbs wheels, jdm headlights, gfb 50/50 BOV, electric cut out.