Another Idle problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Another Idle problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I think I may know what my problem is but I want to get some input of what you ...

Another Idle problem

So I think I may know what my problem is but I want to get some input of what you guys(and girls) think.
    I have an 03 that is stage 2 and a K&N filter and the silencer delete. Only about twice a month after my 20 mile drive to work I will be sitting in traffic waiting to get into my parking lot my car will idle high. This has also happend 1 time after I got home from work and left like 10 minutes later to go to the store. The high idle is around 1500-2000 rpms. Now if I try to drive when the car is doing this whenever I shift the rpms build about 300 rpms and hold a second before falling.
    I am thinking that I need to clean my idle air control valve. I will do that this weekend when I get a chance to pick up the gasket. Is there anything else that may cause this problem?
    Last edited by Rappy04; 03-22-2007 at 09:47 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Both my 06 wrx and 07 STI like to "hold" high rpms during shift if you are sitting in traffic or accelerating slowly.

As for your issue the wrx's have a rough idle to begin with. If it's doing it when it's rather cold out I dont know if I would be overly concerned with it. Checking your IAC would be a smart move and you also might want to clean your throttle body and MAF sensor (USE MAF SENSOR SAFE CLEANER). You might just have some gunk build up.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.