Hit small boulder/rock in the road...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hit small boulder/rock in the road... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; On my way hom in lake elsinore, didnt realize there was a nice sized rock in the road, tried to ...

Hit small boulder/rock in the road...

On my way hom in lake elsinore, didnt realize there was a nice sized rock in the road, tried to break before i hit and would have been fine....however the community sprinklers left the street wet...needless to say i hit it and damaged the factory lip up and that black plastic underneath....nothing too bad then i realized that some sort of frame damage may have occured? I dont know exactly what the part is called but it's black and looks too lightweight to be the frame itself..it runs below the radiator parralel with it and runs back along both sides to where the frame would be....there isnt much damage probably nothing to worry about but im anal about crap sooo...any idea wtf it is im talking about? Its hard to exaplain lol
    R.I.P. 2004 SRT-4
    Missing you...2005 STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump
    R.I.P. 2004 SRT-4
    Missing you...2005 STI

I Support ClubWRX
    Can you take a pic of what you are talking about? And what model is your car?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Can you take a pic of what you are talking about? And what model is your car?
    its a 05 STI
    Last edited by J.Skellington; 03-22-2007 at 10:57 AM.
    R.I.P. 2004 SRT-4
    Missing you...2005 STI

I Support ClubWRX
    Though I sympathize, please don't attempt to use swear words in your thread titles.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you serious with posting a pic of a model version? I ment post a pic of the actual damaged part of your car. Odds are it's purely cosmetic as I cant think of anything under there of any true importance but a picture would help alot.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Are you serious with posting a pic of a model version? I ment post a pic of the actual damaged part of your car. Odds are it's purely cosmetic as I cant think of anything under there of any true importance but a picture would help alot.
    lol sorry im at work right now in my office....a little tied up at the moment, ill get an ACTUAL pic here in a bit.
    R.I.P. 2004 SRT-4
    Missing you...2005 STI

ok, removed old model pic and put up actual pic....
    R.I.P. 2004 SRT-4
    Missing you...2005 STI

I Support ClubWRX
    That looks like the OMG ANNOYING PEICE OF PLASTIC THAT GETS IN THE WAY DURING OIL CHANGE peice....it's purely comestic and did what it was supposed to do. Took the impact rather then the oil pan or anything else getting hit fairly hard. I'm sure at higher speed it helps with some aero's as well.

Probaly not a cheap fix from the dealer either.

erm...not to hijack, but you are supposed to take off the underguard when doing an oil change....i think the manual says that. its annoying to do, but its only 5 12mm bolts and 4 pop rivets. I cant even get to the oil filter with that thing on. so i never attempted to change oil with it present.
    Last edited by lordcon; 03-22-2007 at 11:22 AM.

in the pic im just moving the plastic thing out the way....im taking a pic of the dented steel cant u guys see it???
    R.I.P. 2004 SRT-4
    Missing you...2005 STI

yeah i see what you are talking about. lower frame plates might have gotten damaged but i am unaware of what impact that would have on the integrity of the car (i doubt any). as long as you didn't dent the oil pan, i wouldn't worry about it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.