CEL... Help!!

This is a discussion on CEL... Help!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my CEL came on.. and the cruise control light is blinking. not sure what caused it my first guess is ...

CEL... Help!!

my CEL came on.. and the cruise control light is blinking.

not sure what caused it my first guess is water got in somewhere. we had a bad rainstorm on drive home from work hit a couple of huge puddles. came home was fine. went out to grab a bite to eat was fine.. left restaurant and it CEL.

my dad thinks that its something w/ traction from maybe hitting apuddle and hdryo planning.

i tightened my gas cap and reset ecu.. went out for mile drive and still on.

any ideas??? i feel like my child is sick!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You need to have the CEL checked. If you have a Cobb AP, then its pretty simple. Otherwise just go to Autozone and they should be able to pull the code for you. I just hope that its something easy!!
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

went to autozone got it scanned. 2 codes w/ trans came out.

one just said the the transmission sensor sent code tft sensor or something

second one said something about the trans running to hott over 275degrees?

we check the trans oil and it seemed low. but i park in garage every nite and see no leaks anywhere?

so went to dealership.. they said it was some sort mis communication w/ the trans and rest of car. on side note i have my radar detector and gps hardwire to the back of my cig lighter.

so they said car runs fine and said to take and if it comes back then they will dig deeper..and here is where the fun began.. they told me it was probably being cause by my radar and gps being hardwired??? i asked if they were plugged it then would it be fine? they said yes.. this is where i started laughing asking how is there a difference if i plug in cig lighter or direclty connect the wires.. at this point i think they realized they were wrong and i'm not an idiot and started saying that is just a possiblity and not blaming it.. said car is good now so lets just monitor it.. so i didn't feel like aruging anymore so just took my car and went to work.

so my question is.. is it possible that my radar and/or gps is messing up my trans???

I suppose that it is "possible" but not likely. I will admit that I don't know much about the electronics in the WRX, but what you did sounds fine to me. Keep an eye on it though. My guess is its just a faulty sensor.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

i'm just worried that if it comes back.. they're gonna say my warranty is voided because i hardwired my gps and radar to the cig light instead of pluggin it in.