throttle problem, help please!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on throttle problem, help please! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; when shifting gear at mid rev range my the engine revs up about 500-800 rpm. even if i come of ...

Red face throttle problem, help please!

when shifting gear at mid rev range my the engine revs up about 500-800 rpm. even if i come of the throttle early , if it does not rev up it stays where it is for a second before dropping away...this does not happen on full boost when it acts as it should. subaru uk say its a know problem that effects some more than others . airflow meter and boost valve changed to no effect. any one with any idea as its driving me crazy and cannot be good for the clutch. THANKS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What year is your car? Cable throttle or DBW?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz05wrx View Post
    when shifting gear at mid rev range my the engine revs up about 500-800 rpm. even if i come of the throttle early , if it does not rev up it stays where it is for a second before dropping away...this does not happen on full boost when it acts as it should. subaru uk say its a know problem that effects some more than others . airflow meter and boost valve changed to no effect. any one with any idea as its driving me crazy and cannot be good for the clutch. THANKS
    What are your mods?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Red face

Car is a standard 2005 wrx. was thinking it may be a slow reacting bov.
    OR would a prodrive pack sort it, at 1500 pounds this may be a VERY expensive fix but it really is that tedious.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.