End-link clicking (maybe)

This is a discussion on End-link clicking (maybe) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just tightened my rear Sway bar to the stiffest setting and started to take off my front sway bar ...

End-link clicking (maybe)

I just tightened my rear Sway bar to the stiffest setting and started to take off my front sway bar but decided against it and re-tightened all the bolts (NONE are loose, I've checked them twice under load and twice without.
    Now a clicking noise is apparent any time i hit a mild uneven spot in the road (bump, crack, entering driveway, etc.)
    I also put more air in my tires...
    Is this noise normal or am i just now noticing it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump for some help!

no its not normal there should be no noise, I had this happen to me when I didn't thighten one of the endlinks on my rear sway bar once, but once I tightened it, the noise went away. I would recheck all of the bolts even on the sway mounts.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy View Post
    no its not normal there should be no noise, I had this happen to me when I didn't thighten one of the endlinks on my rear sway bar once, but once I tightened it, the noise went away. I would recheck all of the bolts even on the sway mounts.
    that's the problem i think, because I tried to tighten the nut on the endlink, but it just kept spinning...