safe to ignore CEL?

This is a discussion on safe to ignore CEL? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well im obviously not going to ignore it forever. infact i dont even have one... yet. thing is that im ...

safe to ignore CEL?

well im obviously not going to ignore it forever. infact i dont even have one... yet. thing is that im goin to get my new up and dp installed, yes catless FTW. now i know im going to get a CEL maybe even after the first day or even that day. i dont plan on getting an AP/ecutek b/c my friend has tuning program that hes learned quite well and he can clear the CEL but he will be out of town for a few weeks.

so would it be ideal if went with the CEL for a couple of weeks or is it actually going to do damage or will it just be more like a light that is on.

its a 2.0l and ive read that there doesnt seem to be not many people having prob with boostcreep when going catless is this true?
    un poqito.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Personally..... I like to do full-throttle powershifts in my car.... just leave the gas on the floor.. stomp the clutch, throw the shifter, and hold on.
    I also like to scream at 7000RPMs in 1st gear...... and them slam it into reverse, sidestep the clutch, and do backwards 4-wheel burnouts while still moving forward.
    It's fun... try it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dont worry about it. Its just going to get pretty annoying though. I had a cel from my DP for a month.

What tunning software does your friend have?
    CGM

sweet, you know im not sure. i do trust him though and thats the important thing. i could of swore he said somthing about it being or coming from j-pan or maybe im just on crack. when i asked him about osecuroms and the xpt stuff he was like wha? he has tuned his own evo, so if he hasnt blown up his own pride and joy then that makes me feel good. i think he was claiming about 350whp + give or take a few with solid tuning, meth and i think a bigger MAF eh but dont hold me to it
    un poqito.

Personally..... I like to do full-throttle powershifts in my car.... just leave the gas on the floor.. stomp the clutch, throw the shifter, and hold on.
    I also like to scream at 7000RPMs in 1st gear...... and them slam it into reverse, sidestep the clutch, and do backwards 4-wheel burnouts while still moving forward.
    It's fun... try it

I would still research it and make sure it is safe and whatnot before he started flashing my ECU, but thatīs just MHO.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Thug Nasty View Post
    I would still research it and make sure it is safe and whatnot before he started flashing my ECU, but thatīs just MHO.
    this i know i was gonna have him show me how it works and what not and ya find out the name of the program and what there is to dig up
    un poqito.

It's fun... try it