Rear diff question

This is a discussion on Rear diff question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i changed the oil in the rear diff last weekend. The top bolt was a pain to get off, ...

Rear diff question

So i changed the oil in the rear diff last weekend. The top bolt was a pain to get off, but an air impact gun helped a lot. My question is, do I have to worry about it leaking? I read you had to use some sealant or something, but i just cleaned and torqued the bolts to the spec in the service manual.
    NEW!! 09 WRX 5-door Black Base
    Old - 2006 Geep GC Hemi
    Older - 06 M3 Vert
    Oldest - 04 WRX WRB - cobb stage 2, borla 3" exhaust, erz dp

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ive had no leaks since my change, i didnt use a sealant, just torqued it properly.
    un poqito.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Personally..... I like to do full-throttle powershifts in my car.... just leave the gas on the floor.. stomp the clutch, throw the shifter, and hold on.
    I also like to scream at 7000RPMs in 1st gear...... and them slam it into reverse, sidestep the clutch, and do backwards 4-wheel burnouts while still moving forward.
    It's fun... try it

I swiped a big can of antiseize at work 15 years ago and still have 1/2 of it. When we change gear oil on class 8 "big rigs" which have the same type threaded plug, we use antiseize on the threads and it works.