Rear diff question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rear diff question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i changed the oil in the rear diff last weekend. The top bolt was a pain to get off, ...

Rear diff question

So i changed the oil in the rear diff last weekend. The top bolt was a pain to get off, but an air impact gun helped a lot. My question is, do I have to worry about it leaking? I read you had to use some sealant or something, but i just cleaned and torqued the bolts to the spec in the service manual.
    NEW!! 09 WRX 5-door Black Base
    Old - 2006 Geep GC Hemi
    Older - 06 M3 Vert
    Oldest - 04 WRX WRB - cobb stage 2, borla 3" exhaust, erz dp

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ive had no leaks since my change, i didnt use a sealant, just torqued it properly.
    un poqito.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Personally..... I like to do full-throttle powershifts in my car.... just leave the gas on the floor.. stomp the clutch, throw the shifter, and hold on.
    I also like to scream at 7000RPMs in 1st gear...... and them slam it into reverse, sidestep the clutch, and do backwards 4-wheel burnouts while still moving forward.
    It's fun... try it

I swiped a big can of antiseize at work 15 years ago and still have 1/2 of it. When we change gear oil on class 8 "big rigs" which have the same type threaded plug, we use antiseize on the threads and it works.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.