Test driving an '02 this week, what to look for?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Test driving an '02 this week, what to look for? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sometime this week, prolly tomorrow, I'll be test driving an '02 WRX. I just wanted to know, what are things ...

Test driving an '02 this week, what to look for?

Sometime this week, prolly tomorrow, I'll be test driving an '02 WRX. I just wanted to know, what are things I should look for? The car has 52,000 miles on it, really great shape claims the seller. I've never had a forced induction vehicle b4, anything I need to pay attention to? Any help would be awesome, thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First off I would advice staying away from a modded wrx. If it is modded it has probably been beat on. Plus it is fun to mod the car on your own and not get someone elses mods that could be a problem. It wouldn't be the worst idea to have it checked out by a mechanic either to make sure it has good compression and so on.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

I see where you're comin' from. It is in fact modded. Not heavily, but enough. He prolly ran the sh*t out of it. The bad new's is, he sold it tonight. The good news is, now I can look for an '04. No way I'll find one under 15g. Thanks again.

yes compression tests are good, i found an 02wrx with only a DP on it and i didn't even notice it til i bought the sucker, well almost 35,000 miles later no problems. just get it check by a mechanic and treat her well... the bottom line is not very many people(practically none) buy a WRX as a grocery getter... they are all probably going to be beat on atleast some... you just have to be patient and know that there are millions out there, find the one that is perfect for you... good luck and let us know what you end up buying.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.