Best brake pads..when changing from stock pads

This is a discussion on Best brake pads..when changing from stock pads within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello Forum, My OE brake pads on my '04 WRX need changing and I dont want to go back to ...

Best brake pads..when changing from stock pads

Hello Forum,

My OE brake pads on my '04 WRX need changing and I dont want to go back to OE pads.

What aftermarket pads to you folks reccomend? A friend suggested Hawk Ceramic brake pads.

Awaiting suggestions & feedback

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I highly recommend Ferodo 2500S pads. I usually buy them at www.raceshopper.com. Not sure if they sell them for the WRX though. STi for sure. While you are at it, you should invest in some SS brake lines too...makes a huge difference in pedel feel and modulation.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Might check on Subiegal's site. She did a test on several brands and posted the results. Ranged from everyday driving to racing pads. ****

gk1
    I just switched to the Hawk HPS pads and got about 1000 miles in to them already and they are great. They were recommended to me by BigSkywrx here and the brake guy i got them from as well. Couldnt be happier with them.

Also switch out your lines to the stainless steel braided, and get some good dot4 or better fluid.

I did DBA 4k rotors all around, and did the h6 upgrade at the same time, totally worth the effort. just an fyi...

+1 for hawks they are about 100 for the front set but they are great, much better stopping power once broken in properly than OEM. I had a set of AXXIS and they were great for stopping power, however they wore out after about 15K miles but mostly in the city driving. However the hawks are even better. right now I have them on for about 16K and I inspected them to see how much pad is left, and I was pleasently surprised that about 50% is still there, so I have about 16K more to go which is very impressive that I will be able to do over 30K in the city on them. The axxis if you can find them are very good becasue I think they dusted a bit less then the Hawks and were half price, but since they only lasted about half the life of the Hawks, then that makes them even, although then, Hawks will save you from doing your brakes more often.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have the Hawk HPS on my 03 also.Way better than stock as others have noted. I got mine from Tire Rack.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Thanks for the advice!

What about EBC Red Stuff pads? Thoughts on these?

thanks again

I love Hawk HPS pads.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)