lights arnt working

This is a discussion on lights arnt working within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok so tonight i decided i would go for a drive ( cant stop driving the thing!!) and when i ...

Thumbs down lights arnt working

ok so tonight i decided i would go for a drive ( cant stop driving the thing!!) and when i went to unlock the car usually the sidemarker and parking lights flash twice... well they only flashed once. when i got in the car and started it up there were no backlights on the dash, the rear lights on the car were not working and the little lights and side markers at the front arnt working. i have no idea what happened?? has anyone had any problems like this? ive only had my car for about a month and this is the second problem, i am getting a little scared. any info would be great!
    03 wrx spec r1 #66

mods: perrin turbo inlet hose, silencer delete, dvd player.

mod wishlist: AP stage 2, short shifter, bbs wheels, jdm headlights, gfb 50/50 BOV, electric cut out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

alright so i went out today to see the fuse...(20 in engine compartment) and it was blown to pieces, so i stuck a new one in and tried the unlock and boom...it blows... anybody know anything about this problem???
    03 wrx spec r1 #66

mod wishlist: AP stage 2, short shifter, bbs wheels, jdm headlights, gfb 50/50 BOV, electric cut out.

no techs that know about this problem... im going to try to get it to the dealership in a few days if i cant find the problem
    03 wrx spec r1 #66

if it blows that quick theres definitely a short to ground somewhere. if you find out what the fuse powers (sounds like lights) you can try to follow the wiring around each part, mainly around parts that experience movement.
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox