Question: Did I miss something in my owner's manual?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Question: Did I miss something in my owner's manual? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi folks, I just read something in another thread talking about burping the cooling system, wherein you are supposed to ...

Question: Did I miss something in my owner's manual?

Hi folks,

I just read something in another thread talking about burping the cooling system, wherein you are supposed to add coolant to the Turbo Coolant Reservoir.

Uh, sorry, but......huh? Did I miss something in my owners manual?
    I've got a 2003 bugeye.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice username.

when i replaced my coolant in my 05 their multiple names messed me up a bit too, you're supposed to add the coolant conditioner into the radiator neck and the actual coolant into the tank on top of the turbo cuz it's the highest point in the system. i used the FSM so after draining i filled the tank on the turbo and "raced" the engine (rev a little, no more than 3k) for 30 seconds. then i checked the reservoir level (again on top of the turbo) and filled as needed. i did that until the tank didn't empty. they factory pages are on scoobymods.com i think...
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

I have never heard of that.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

yeah it's super weird... there are 3 places possible to add coolant, the radiator neck, the coolant reservoir, and the turbo reservoir... the NA Subarus just use the radiator neck but the turbos need to fill from the turbo reservoir...
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.