Well I stained my seats
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Well I stained my seats within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yesterday I was moving an lcd television using my back seat, and when I removed it, I noticed that it ...

Well I stained my seats

Yesterday I was moving an lcd television using my back seat, and when I removed it, I noticed that it left two tiny (maybe dime sized) spots on the back seat. Whatever was on the bottom of the TV is proving impossible to remove. It seems almost like glue, but has remained sticky, almost like dried soda. I've used a few cleaners, but the residue is still there, and still sticky to the touch.

I'm beginning to think that I'm going to need some type of solvent, but I'm obviously afraid to put anything harmful on the seats of my 3 week old car. I'm sure something like "Goof-Off" or something similar would cut the mystery stain, but who knows what it would do to my seat.

Has anyone ever had any experience using a semi-powerful solvent on cloth seats? It's really quite frustrating because one of the stains is smack-dab in the center of the seat, on the light gray section. Any help or experience would be massively appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Update, and info for anyone else that has spilled glue or other adhesives on their fabric. I ran by the dealer to ask if a product such as "Goof-Off" would harm the upholstery. We tried some on a sample and it did not, so we dabbed a rag with it and blotted the stain on my seat. Sure enough, it started to cut through whatever was on there.

It's taken an additional application, but the stain is gone. I went ahead and removed the back seat, ran a Bissell cleaner over it, and left it indoors to dry. There are no signs that anything was on the fabric, and it smells nice and clean.

Hope this helps if anyone has ever done something like this.

Magic Eraser! Try a magic eraser and you might have to go over it a couple times but I bet it will work! It will shed white crap that you will have to vacuum after if you go real crazy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by nvrsmr08 View Post
    Magic Eraser! Try a magic eraser and you might have to go over it a couple times but I bet it will work! It will shed white crap that you will have to vacuum after if you go real crazy with it.
    does this really work ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.