Motul or Mobil 1?

This is a discussion on Motul or Mobil 1? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Good Morning to all I'm thinking to change oil soon, and i was thinking about these 2 oils: Motul and ...

Motul or Mobil 1?

Good Morning to all

I'm thinking to change oil soon, and i was thinking about these 2 oils:
    Motul and Mobil 1
    I live in Switzerland, and the most of the year the weather is cold,and i was thinking:
    1-change 2 times oil 1 for summer 10W40 and 1 for winter 0W40
    2-choose a oil for all time like 0W40
    What do You thinK?
    What oil i choose and grade?

thanks in advance
    Mods:

Uppipe-Downpipe GrahamGoode-Magnex Back System
    Filter Trust-Greddy-Big Top Mount Intercooler
    Samco Hoses for turbo-intercooler -water
    H&R -18'' 225-40 Advan Sport

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Either brand oil would more than do the job. Use whatever is more common and easier to find there. Since you are in Europe, Motul would probably be all over the place. For me, Mobil 1 can be bought at any store to top off if need be, that's why I use it. When it comes to viscosity it depends on where you live. If you are in an area where the temperatures don't get above 33*C for extended periods, just use the 0W40. If for example you have hot summers with extended periods of hot temperatures, then you can switch between the two. Remember, though, that the first number is for cold/winter viscosity - the "W" stands for winter. Since you're using 40 I assume your car is at least a few years old?

Since I live in southern California, I use 10W30 Mobil 1 and will continue to until I hit about 60,000 miles.

Switzerland huh? Must be nice over there!

Thank You for replay,

Well, i've used til last year Mobil 1 0W40, and in winter was good,
    last april 2006 i change with 10W40 Mobil 1 and i've got problems this
    winter on cold start, i hear something like ticket in the engine.Make me worry about it.
    I was thinking about a 5W40 Motul V300 Power, because is good for winter and for summer, and i hear all goods about it.
    I'm Italian, and when i go in Sicily,there summer is 30-40 C, that's why i choose a W40.Somebody told about the W50 or W60, but they are 15W or 20W, too dangerous for my Engine.
    I have a WRX 2001 Bugeye the first version with 54.000 KM on it.
    Well switzerland it's not bad, but too dangerous with auto with tuning, too much laws, too much controls from the police,less free to do something to the auto.Only think, i can't use a free open filter, front mount intercooler, only some exhaust systems ,no radar control, etc...etc..etc..
    Mods:

Either will do just fine. Ihave used M-1 since about 10k miles with no problems, but switched to Penzoil Platinum Syth ~10k miles ago...seems to do OK, so I might keep using it since it is slightly less than M-1.

m1 ftw
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I was just going to ask this question, M1 vs Motul?

1. Would Motul be better for Auto X, hardcore dragging?

2. Is buying Motul even worth the price difference, unless you have very modded car, like 450 + hp, and you drive it hard, in addition to racing it.

3. Last, I'm driving my modded WRX from Philly to Breckenridge CO with friends for Spring Break in about a week. This is going to be a total of 4,000 + miles, since we'll be stopping to check out a few cities, but it's really going to be like an endurance race, the way I drive. Should I use M1 or Motul for my gear and tranny oil?

I already plan to use Motul RBF 600 brake fluid, and I just did an oil change with M1 15W50 and a Pure One filter.

What do ya think

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHeavenWRX View Post
    I was just going to ask this question, M1 vs Motul?

1. Would Motul be better for Auto X, hardcore dragging?

2. Is buying Motul even worth the price difference, unless you have very modded car, like 450 + hp, and you drive it hard, in addition to racing it.

3. Last, I'm driving my modded WRX from Philly to Breckenridge CO with friends for Spring Break in about a week. This is going to be a total of 4,000 + miles, since we'll be stopping to check out a few cities, but it's really going to be like an endurance race, the way I drive. Should I use M1 or Motul for my gear and tranny oil?

I already plan to use Motul RBF 600 brake fluid, and I just did an oil change with M1 15W50 and a Pure One filter.

What do ya think
    i use motul brakes fluid... if u really want a great top of the line oil try ams oil
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I just checked out their site, and I think I'll have to reserve the Amsoil for when I actually make to the track for a day, LOL.

It seems like everyone has a preference, but it's more like what our sooby's prefer, and they're all different. I'll be trying tons of oils until I find the right one, but when all else fails I guess we all go back to M1

til now i've usesd Mobil 1 0W40,
    i would like to change to 5W40 Motul V300 Power, to see if the new miscela,
    is good like they say and all says.

But, with Mobil1 0W40, i was happy.
    Mods: