High Temp Problem

This is a discussion on High Temp Problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought an 04 wrx the other day. I was kinda rippin on it that night and the next ...

High Temp Problem

I just bought an 04 wrx the other day. I was kinda rippin on it that night and the next day i saw coolant was sprayed on the engine bay and realized the dealer had to much coolant in the resivior. I had to go to work so i didnt have time to syphon out so i drove it. On my way to work drivng i noticed the temp guage was fairly high (enough to catch my attention) on the highway. I exit the highway to a residential street to bout 40 and then it hits red. So i pull over and let er cool down enough to make it to work.

Coolant is clean
    Could there be air bubbles?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

probably bubbles... squeez the lines and see if it stops... also could be a bad termostat... if anything take it back to the dealership
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Thanks for your help

Probably bubbles. Search for burping the system if you don't know how to get the bubbles out. Let us know how it works out!
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

I tried burpin the system and that didnt help but i took it in to the dealer today to have them look at it. I talked to few other people and they said the thermostat is bad.

The thermostat was stuck closed. Dealer replaced it and now the rex is ready to roll