CEL is on and "Cruise" is flashing.. WTF! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on CEL is on and "Cruise" is flashing.. WTF! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If the CEL comes on and the cruise light flashes, does the cruise control get disabled as well as a ...

If the CEL comes on and the cruise light flashes, does the cruise control get disabled as well as a default, or would this indicate a problem with the CC?

It's no wonder I came home early from work just to post about what happened on this forum seeking help.

Quite a lot of help, and I appreciate it.

If an O2 sensor problem, would the CC be disabled, or again, is this a default thing when the CEL comes on?

Un-f_ing-believable that an effectively brand new car takes a crap like this. A much vaunted Japanese one at that. Here I was bad mouthing my "POS" Ford Ranger truck that I used to drive. Interestingly I beat the hell out of that thing for 5.5 years and never once had a problem; I got it used even. :roll:
    Last edited by TheFNG; 02-17-2007 at 02:31 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Get in the zone

Autozone will scan and clear your CEL for free, this way you can tell what's wrong.

It is also fairly normal for the cruise to blink if you have a CEL. It's just telling you that cruise is disabled.

So I got in my car this morning, turned it on, and there were no lights. Cruise control worked, car drove great. I took it to the dealer anyway, they supposedly scanned it, found nothing, couldn't duplicate the problem, and have no idea what happened or what could have caused all this.

So I'm left wondering WTF happened, and now I have to worry that this can/will happen again in the future. Hopefully it was just a fluke or a computer glitch.

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions.

I Support ClubWRX
    Probably the gas cap. It takes 3 full driving cycles for it to reset. You probably freaked out and tightened the cap which fixed it. But then it takes a full day at least for the comp to reset.

Yes by default the CC is disabled with a flashing CEL.

Your old ranger was a much simpler beast that made very little power and didn't have AWD. So naturally being less precise it should take a little more abuse.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.