Careful who changes your tires

This is a discussion on Careful who changes your tires within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Recently put new snows on the rex and after they finished I started to hear a clunking/rattling noise in the ...

Angry Careful who changes your tires

Recently put new snows on the rex and after they finished I started to hear a clunking/rattling noise in the right rear side. Brought it to the dealership, 15 min later the rep comes out and gives me a goodnews/bad news deal. Good news: found the problem. Bad news: it's not covered under warranty. Seems that the right rear diffrential mounting bracket was bent upwards. Needless to say, I went a little ballistic. The brain surgeon who jacked my car seems to have chosen his OWN jacking point!!

Thankfully, the shop covered the cost of fixing the bracket.

Everyone watch out for this or any associated noises from the drivetrain shortly after a tire change.

Enjoy all the snow fellow maineiacs!!!
    -RAD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

On my 94' 4Runner, I had 31" tires put on by America's Tire company and all was fine, so I thought, until I tried to take the rim off. These a$$holes thought they were part of a NASCAR pit crew, and probably put the lug nut in thier air gun and tried to go as fast as they could putting the lugs on. Three of the five lugs on one wheel were completely stripped, and had to be broken off to be taken off. And the worse thing about it, it was the brake drum on the back. So the differential had to be opened up, the axle had to be knocked out to get the drum off, and then the lugs could get replaced. I brought it back, and they tried to blame me and say I did it, since I was the one taking my own tire off. I demanded to talk to the manager, and raised my voice in front of all kinds of customers, and he told me he made a call to a auto shop down the street to have it done. And I got it repaired for free.

I will never bring any of my cars back to America's Tire company ever again.

I feel you pain bro.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

That's OK, not even my local Subaru dealerships put the correct tire pressure in after a tire rotation. 34psi all the way around. schmucks.

-Jim