New wrx owner oil help

This is a discussion on New wrx owner oil help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, my dealer gave me free lifetime oil changes. The salesmen said that the car needs oil changes every ...

New wrx owner oil help

Hey everyone, my dealer gave me free lifetime oil changes. The salesmen said that the car needs oil changes every 7,500 miles. I said to myself wow, thats hard to believe considering turbo cars need quicker oil changes. He said to bring the car every 7,500 miles to get a free oil change, for the life of the car. I just finished breaking in the car yesterday it has 1000 miles on it. I hear alot of people changing their oil right away. Should i also? or should i wait till 7,500 mi to take her for the free oil change at the dealer. I was looking at the maintenance manual and it said the first oild changed is at 3k the second oil change is at 7.5k 3rd oil change at 15k 4th oil change at 22.5k and so should i change my oil rightaway afer the break in, or take it to the subaru dealer at 3k like the manual said How often do you change your oil on your cars.
    Your Pal,
    Brian Trinidad

Pearl Black 03 Wrx, 5spd, turbo gauge, Spoiler, Progress lowering springs Cusco front and rear sway bars, Gutted uppipe, helix v2 dp, greddy evo catback!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

break in : gentlestyle driving

-oil change-
    1000miles+ : normal driving with some fast kicks

-oil change-
    3500miles+ : normal driving, can afford little more kicks, get some mods

-oil change-
    7000miles+ : same as 3500

-switch to synth oil-
    10500miles+ : now, we are talking, speed anytime, get some major mods !

of course, everything will break if you ABUSE the car
    i would change oil every 3500miles if you arent a granpa

Heheh cool, i hope the dealer covers me for oil changed every 3.5k , i cant pass up free oil changes! So about syn, oil. Is it better for our wrx's? is it worth the extra money. Does it allow me to run the engine harder? hehhe?? thanks for the input!
    Your Pal,
    Brian Trinidad

Pearl Black 03 Wrx, 5spd, turbo gauge, Spoiler, Progress lowering springs Cusco front and rear sway bars, Gutted uppipe, helix v2 dp, greddy evo catback!

synthetic is a must for any performance car, viper, vette, racing bike come with factory syn oil.
    it protects engine, and you can get 1-3hp more out of it. also it runs smoother :P you can feel it

there are some tests done on syn oil in some company, the one i saw is amazing. they put syn oil in motor, and ran 100miles with it, and they drain all syn oil out, without anything oil in engine, they can still run the car on hwy :P but not for long.
    they did the same test with normal oil, engine stalls after 3miles :P

just btw, if you arent going to push the car....put syn for every 5kmiles or 7kmiles, shouldnt be a problem...

and dont switch syn too earily, the engine has to be completely broke in.

The dealer isn't going to give you synthetic with those free oil changes. You'll be lucky if your dealer even offers synthetic for an extra charge. Mine didn't, so the free oil changes were a waste.

Originally posted by Lord
    just btw, if you arent going to push the car....put syn for every 5kmiles or 7kmiles, shouldnt be a problem...

and dont switch syn too earily, the engine has to be completely broke in.
    not necessarily true.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...=16150#newpost

dR