2006 WRX Alarm oddities?

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX Alarm oddities? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I'm sitting at my kitchen table eating breakfast, all of a sudden my car alarm goes off for no ...

2006 WRX Alarm oddities?

So I'm sitting at my kitchen table eating breakfast, all of a sudden my car alarm goes off for no reason. I can see the car thru the window and nothing hit my car. I grabbed my keys and tried to turn it off cause I didn't want to get my neighbors ticked off. I hit the button again and again nothing. I opened the garage and walked up to the car, hit the butten then it went off. WTF?

I would have let this go, however back in October I was at a friends house, parked my car and the alarm wouldn't engage. I hit the lock button over and over.. nuttin. So I just locked the doors manually and went inside. When I was leaving I hit the unlock button and nothing. Again and again I tried wouldn't unlock w/ the remote. So I use the key unlock the door, open it up alarm goes off. Umm ok why? haha Put the key in the ignition try to start it wouldn't start. Hit the buttons franticlly for about 20 seconds.. finally it goes off. (this was covered in a previous post)

So anyone got any ideas why my car is doing this? I just got it back in August. Maybe a short someplace or a loose wire?
    Last edited by TBomb; 02-15-2007 at 06:11 AM.
    It's all about rally racing, nothing more.
    On second thought maybe its all about Rally Racing and Auto-X

'06 Steel Gray WRX (Stock)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyone... anyone at all?

..bump..

Quote Originally Posted by TBomb View Post
    So I'm sitting at my kitchen table eating breakfast, all of a sudden my car alarm goes off for no reason. I can see the car thru the window and nothing hit my car. I grabbed my keys and tried to turn it off cause I didn't want to get my neighbors ticked off. I hit the button again and again nothing. I opened the garage and walked up to the car, hit the butten then it went off. WTF?

I would have let this go, however back in October I was at a friends house, parked my car and the alarm wouldn't engage. I hit the lock button over and over.. nuttin. So I just locked the doors manually and went inside. When I was leaving I hit the unlock button and nothing. Again and again I tried wouldn't unlock w/ the remote. So I use the key unlock the door, open it up alarm goes off. Umm ok why? haha Put the key in the ignition try to start it wouldn't start. Hit the buttons franticlly for about 20 seconds.. finally it goes off. (this was covered in a previous post)

So anyone got any ideas why my car is doing this? I just got it back in August. Maybe a short someplace or a loose wire?

Since you only got it in august, i'm assuming the battery in the key FOB isn't the culprit. It could be the main alarm computer isn't reading signals from your FOB, or that thing is on it's last leg.

Is this something you can repeat? If so, the dealer will cover it. Just as a measure though, try replacing the battery in the remote. That will be the first thing the Dealer will ask/tell you.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

No I can't repeat it thats the pain in the ass thing about it. Alot of the time I have to hit the button twice when I am first getting to my car to unlock it in the morning, that or I have to hit the lock button twice right after I park it just to get it to lock. It doesn't ALWAYS happen but enough for me to notice. I'd love to just tack it up as a quirk of my car, but my 2004 WRX never did this and I don't wanna get stuck someplace cause the stupid alarm is not working right.