check enine light w/ cruise control light HELP ME PLEASE

This is a discussion on check enine light w/ cruise control light HELP ME PLEASE within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; good morning everyone.......maybe someone has had a similiar problem and can give me a little insight on mine...... here's the ...

check enine light w/ cruise control light HELP ME PLEASE

good morning everyone.......maybe someone has had a similiar problem and can give me a little insight on mine......

here's the deal:
    i have an 06 wrx

this morning its around 10 degrees out w/ snow.......my "check engine" light comes on and stays on while the"cruise control" light flashes.......i have less than a 1#4 tank and now i'm stuck at work to ponder this......any thoughts?

thanx in advance for your input

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

any mods??? i would call the 24 hr road side assistance # and get towed
    2006 OBP WRX

HAWK-EYE Alliance#072

.......sorry when i wrote "stuck at work" i really mean i have to be at work, the car runs fine, i'm a worry wart .......btw no mods

personally i wouldnt drive my wrx with a check engine and flashing cruise light. you have no idea whats wrong and could cause further damage and or compromise your warrenty beacuse of driving while these lights are on. your call man. either way good luck and keep us posted
    2006 OBP WRX

HAWK-EYE Alliance#072

that happened when i had repalce my exhaust with a tbe and put the 02 sensor in the wrong place... but since you have no mods i dunno... try resetting ur ecu and see if it comes back on
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

thanx for the input.....how do i reset the ECU and if i do is there something i should do prior to driver?

thanx

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    that happened when i had repalce my exhaust with a tbe and put the 02 sensor in the wrong place... but since you have no mods i dunno... try resetting ur ecu and see if it comes back on
    how do you put it in the wrong place??isnt there only one place to put it?how did you fix it?my buddys went of after he put his echaust on and couldnt figure out why,i never thought of that nor checked.
    silly peguin. pointless wings are for ricers!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy silver View Post
    heard there is an ecu out thats like the hondata but for subbys.

That is EXACTLY what happened to me last week and freaked me out.
    My mods are catless DP on stock catback and stage 1 flash. Those same lights were on and the car was not hitting target boost either.
    I pulled the negative cable from the battery and let it sit for a few minutes, hooked everything back up and let it idle for a few minutes and since then the car has been perfect.
    If anyone knows what could have caused that I would also like to know.
    Hawk-Eye #009
    Dont let the SN fool you, my car is black.

Quote Originally Posted by Red06wrx View Post
    That is EXACTLY what happened to me last week and freaked me out.
    My mods are catless DP on stock catback and stage 1 flash. Those same lights were on and the car was not hitting target boost either.
    I pulled the negative cable from the battery and let it sit for a few minutes, hooked everything back up and let it idle for a few minutes and since then the car has been perfect.
    If anyone knows what could have caused that I would also like to know.

well it seemed to work.....i left the (-) cable off for a few minutes.....hooked it back up.....the car "cranked" a little extra than usual.....and the stalled in 1st.....after that everthing seemed normal

thanx for the advice!

Same thing happened to my 06 as well. Dealership told me it was a misfire and just to drive it a couple days and the lights will go out. They did.

Quote Originally Posted by jonahboo View Post
    well it seemed to work.....i left the (-) cable off for a few minutes.....hooked it back up.....the car "cranked" a little extra than usual.....and the stalled in 1st.....after that everthing seemed normal

thanx for the advice!
    Without the code scan we can only speculate. The 04+ Subie's flash the CC light in addition to the CEL when a misfire or other emission related code is generated. I would get an occasional misfire when the car ( and outside temps ) were cold and the engine was not warmed up to normal operating temp. It was amplified with ethanol enhanced fuel.
    2005 Legacy GT - stock for now
    1991 Galant VR4 - Sold
    2002 WRX Wagon - Sold