cold weather gas leak?

This is a discussion on cold weather gas leak? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok- I'm new at this. Sorry- I don't have an Impreza- is there this kind of info for Outback owners??? ...

Question cold weather gas leak?

Ok-
    I'm new at this. Sorry- I don't have an Impreza- is there this kind of info for Outback owners??? Or can you guys help me?

I bought a used 2001 Outback last August, and in the last few weeks it has had a bad gas smell. I thought it was just turning on the heat in the real cold weather(I live in Buffalo). After smelling fumes I took it to the dealer ( ithought it would be better than my regular mechanic for it's first problem). They replaced the injector hose and 2 fuel lines to the tune of $200.
    Now, I'm reading here that it might be something else and tonight, my car smelled so badly of gas it was all I could do to drive it home 6 blocks. (i did fill up the tank today about 1/2 way).

Any ideas on what I should tell them when I call back- other than it smells worse? I do still have the extended warranty that got transfered from the first owner. Do I go back to the dealer, or my trusted mechanic who kept my 1o year old oldsmobile 7 14 year old toyota running until they both collapsed last summer. I was hoping to have better luck on this revered Subaru- the car of my dreams, since they don't make toyota wagon anymore.
    Last edited by mysubi; 02-13-2007 at 06:24 PM. Reason: didn't realize this was an Impreza only site, I was so happy to see someone else had my same issues!