Help with strange noise and ap question...

This is a discussion on Help with strange noise and ap question... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a weird noise going on and I cant figure out what it is...I had a situtation involving an ...

Help with strange noise and ap question...

I have a weird noise going on and I cant figure out what it is...I had a situtation involving an oil change that I just did and I dont think it has anything to do with this noise but it may because it started shortly after.
    I do my own oil changes because I dont trust people around here and I like to use castrol full synthetics and all the oil change places here try to sell pennsoil or quakerstate...So anyway I did my oil change and double checked to make sure everything was tight and started the car up and let the pressure build and no leaks. So i turned the car off and double checked to make sure everything was still tight again then warmed the car up and left my house to go out for the night and about a 1/4 mile down the street my car started smoking so i made a quick u-turn back to the house and when i got out and popped the hood there was oil all over the engine bay and spraying out the bottom all over the street. Turns out my fram oil filter was defective and had the wrong seal on it (gasket) so I got it exchanged with another on and had to buy more expensive syntetic oil and did it all over again and now everything is fine. but after i fixed everything yesterday and I left my house to go over to my girlfriends work everytime i stopped at a stop sign or stoplight there is this weird squeeling sound from what sounds like the engine bay...but it only does it when im at stopsigns or lights. when i got to her work i quickly popped the hood and of course the noise stopped. Then this morning it did it again on my way to work when i stopped and it also did it when i put my car in reverse when i was leaving. I cant tell what it is and its not loud but it is deffinitly audible and pretty annoying. also for you guys that have ap's did you just leave the white or blue plug connected in or did take it out after you were done? does it even matter?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like you got some oil on your belts.

You must remove the white or blue initialization connector before driving the car.

ok thank you for the reply I think it may have just been oil on the belt too because its gotten quieter and quieter every day ive driven since