high boost......then low

This is a discussion on high boost......then low within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a 2006 wrx with 14,000 miles on it. all it has for mods are a greddy BOV ...

high boost......then low

I just bought a 2006 wrx with 14,000 miles on it. all it has for mods are a greddy BOV (which is gone tomorow and replaced with a turbosmart one) a air fuel gauge and a boost gauge. now when i first start the car and 10 mins into driving ill push about 12psi then after driving it alot ill push around 5 psi 7 max i'm just wondering what it could be.. i know boost leak from all the obvious areas but i was wondering if anyone else had this problem and found out something not so obvious..... the car still spools up good even tho its hitting lower... thanks alot for your help

Rob.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump for a good guy
    Signed,
    Irving Washington

Can you get ahold of a factory BOV? How are you measuring boost? When the car is showing low boost, is there a power curve weak?
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

i'm measuring the boost just from the boost gauge inside cockpit. the power curve is the same as when i test it when driving for 10 mins but after about a half hour the same test results in half the boost. i'm having the dealer workin on getting me a stock bov rite now, im in hopes as to thats what it is i know the main thing about this greddy one is that it has no dump pipe elbow that goes into the hose that returns into the intake, the hose is just plugged. the stock bov includes this tho. but i didnt think that a bov could result in half the boost when my car is warmer , but that would be great.