Icon Vs. Latitude Wiper Blades
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Icon Vs. Latitude Wiper Blades within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone tried out these wiper blades Icon from (Bosch) or Latitude from (RainX)? Just wondering if their worth a ...

Icon Vs. Latitude Wiper Blades

Has anyone tried out these wiper blades Icon from (Bosch) or Latitude from (RainX)? Just wondering if their worth a try or if there are any major differences from them.

www.rainx.com
    http://jobs.boschusa.com/AutoParts/WiperBlades/ICON/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I bought my icons from autozone. Best wiper blade I have used thus far.
    03 PSM WRX(Herbie)- Deceased
    05 PSM STI(Angus)- New numbers coming soon!

Pics and Mods

I also have the icons, and love them.

But darn, you better love them for the price, right?? If you've got some $$ to spend, buy'em, but you'd probably be just as well off buying 3 sets of normal blades.....
    SOLD: 2004 WR Blue WRX
    SOLD:2006 WR Blue Wrx - Perrin 25mm Front Sway + 22mm Rear Adjustable Sway and Kartboy Endlinks - Nitto Invo 225/45/17 - Opensource STG One.
    CURRENT: 2006 Legacy GT Limited - STOCK (for now)

Icons : Will admit they are the most expensive set of wiper blades I have ever bought. But they perform far better in every situation I have ever used any other wiper blade. Even with ice loaded on the top of the blade housing, they still wipe the window clean as if it was a summer day. I justifed the price because they are better than a summer blade in the summer and better than a winter blade in the winter. So as long as they last they will be worth the investment.

The Latitude and Icon blade look to be identical, but the Icon has a plastic arm cover which gives a more sleek look.

There is also the Valeo Ultimate which I have seen for sale on tirerack.com which I would see to perform just as good.

So between these 3 I would say the cheapest would be the winner. This is coming from a 4 seasons standpoint, but if you dont see snow or ice, I think its more of just buying a cool looking wiper blade.
    Last edited by afbluesv1k; 02-12-2007 at 03:37 PM. Reason: typo

Was at Pep Boys today, and saw a whole Latitude display, they are running a Buy 1 Get one Free mail in rebate. If this was running when I bought my wipers back in October I would have taken them FTW!!!!

Yea I saw that display at PepBoys also. But I think I got there a bit too late cause there wasn't any in the size I need. I just ordered the Latitudes from Ranx.com There giving away some sort of window cleaning kit when you order 2 blades from them.

I Support ClubWRX
    I bought the $2.97 Walmart wiper blades for my Mazda about 3 months ago. They are still going strong!

Are refills available for the Icons or Latitudes? I always like to be able to buy the blade and swap out the refills when they get tired.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.