Only 5 psi?

This is a discussion on Only 5 psi? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey i baught a stock wrx and it had a manual boost controller. I recently removed it. the way it ...

Only 5 psi?

hey i baught a stock wrx and it had a manual boost controller. I recently removed it. the way it was installed was the seliniod vaccum was closed off and the vaccum lines from the turbo and the wastegate ran to the boost controller. so i took off the boost controller and T'ed them off. I think somone told me only hitting 5 psi because its working off the wastegate pressure. but i recently ordered a new vaccum line because it i heard somthing about a pill being in that line and i think the previous owner might have changed the vaccum line..... because when i hooked up the boost controller back up it would spool up fine. dose anyone think i'm on the right track? or anyone think it could be somthing else?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes, it's probly the missing restrictor pill, and is why you only have 5 PSi...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

Quote Originally Posted by odehboy View Post
    dose anyone think i'm on the right track? or anyone think it could be somthing else?
    Yes, you are on the right track. A common problem with pre-owned WRX's.

People don't have enough decency to put the stock parts back. Unless they assume everyone wants a MBC.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.