Subaru WRX Forum banner

jack point and jack stand placement

34K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  mycologist 
#1 ·
I searched the forums and can not find a post stating where to place the jack stands after jacking up the car. Can someone point me in the right direction?

And please dont flame, i have searched, and all i can find is people yelling at others for the crap spots the chose to put the jack stands.

Thanks

#6 ·
NO sorry, my handle here is gk1, and my name is greg. something is broken with teh forums for me.
It's what happens when you identify yourself as a member of the group: "Members who have made contributions to CLubWRX".

Go to your User CP, then under Miscellaneous click on Group Memberships and then click on Registered User, instead of contributing member.... Problem fixed.

#5 ·
ive actually been wondering this for years--

I know you can jack up the car in the cender diff and on the front center frame (where the plastic shield bolts to). However, having a lowered car makes it really hard to get a jack into those areas. I want to know if there is somewhere I can safely jack my car up near the rail jack points.

I would appreciate pictures, rather than just descriptions of an area of the subframe, due to the fact that im not just gonna jack my car up, get under it, and HOPE its right.

please if anyone has a picture or a diagram that would be great

#7 ·
Does anyone have any alternatives to using the front crossmember as a jack point? I can't quite reach that point with the car's stance and my jack. Is there any way to jack in the middle of one side of the car (kinda like nascar cars do)? Are the large box shaped rails that run front to back strong enough to support jacking from the middle of the car? Has anyone tried this? I don't want to try and end up finding out the hard way that they aren't. It kind of sucks that I have to raise the front, one side at a time, and then raise the rear w/ the diff. I wish I could raise the whole car with just 2 jack points.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.