jack point and jack stand placement

This is a discussion on jack point and jack stand placement within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I searched the forums and can not find a post stating where to place the jack stands after jacking up ...

gk1

jack point and jack stand placement

I searched the forums and can not find a post stating where to place the jack stands after jacking up the car. Can someone point me in the right direction?

And please dont flame, i have searched, and all i can find is people yelling at others for the crap spots the chose to put the jack stands.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gk1 View Post
    I searched the forums and can not find a post stating where to place the jack stands after jacking up the car. Can someone point me in the right direction?

And please dont flame, i have searched, and all i can find is people yelling at others for the crap spots the chose to put the jack stands.

Thanks
    bump, i'd also like to know
    2002 WRX Sedan
    World Rally Blue
    OEM front lip, Cwest skirts and rear lip
    STi rear wing
    JDM Greddy turbo timer

jack points: front crosmember (it has a spot you cna see to use) and rear diff
    jack stand points - frame rails.

vbmenu_register("postmenu_1812542", true); TEHJ is that yuo!~

gk1
    NO sorry, my handle here is gk1, and my name is greg. something is broken with teh forums for me.

ive actually been wondering this for years--

I know you can jack up the car in the cender diff and on the front center frame (where the plastic shield bolts to). However, having a lowered car makes it really hard to get a jack into those areas. I want to know if there is somewhere I can safely jack my car up near the rail jack points.

I would appreciate pictures, rather than just descriptions of an area of the subframe, due to the fact that im not just gonna jack my car up, get under it, and HOPE its right.

please if anyone has a picture or a diagram that would be great
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    jack points: front crosmember (it has a spot you cna see to use) and rear diff
    jack stand points - frame rails.

vbmenu_register("postmenu_1812542", true); TEHJ is that yuo!~
    Quote Originally Posted by gk1 View Post
    NO sorry, my handle here is gk1, and my name is greg. something is broken with teh forums for me.
    It's what happens when you identify yourself as a member of the group: "Members who have made contributions to CLubWRX".

Go to your User CP, then under Miscellaneous click on Group Memberships and then click on Registered User, instead of contributing member.... Problem fixed.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Does anyone have any alternatives to using the front crossmember as a jack point? I can't quite reach that point with the car's stance and my jack. Is there any way to jack in the middle of one side of the car (kinda like nascar cars do)? Are the large box shaped rails that run front to back strong enough to support jacking from the middle of the car? Has anyone tried this? I don't want to try and end up finding out the hard way that they aren't. It kind of sucks that I have to raise the front, one side at a time, and then raise the rear w/ the diff. I wish I could raise the whole car with just 2 jack points.
    2006 WRB WRX Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I think this covers just about everything asked here. Its a Forester but same deal all around.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2673

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rtstone View Post
    Does anyone have any alternatives to using the front crossmember as a jack point? I can't quite reach that point with the car's stance and my jack. Is there any way to jack in the middle of one side of the car (kinda like nascar cars do)? Are the large box shaped rails that run front to back strong enough to support jacking from the middle of the car? Has anyone tried this? I don't want to try and end up finding out the hard way that they aren't. It kind of sucks that I have to raise the front, one side at a time, and then raise the rear w/ the diff. I wish I could raise the whole car with just 2 jack points.

No don't jack in the middle! Some people drive one end up on ramps but not recommended either.