06 Wrx Overheating
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06 Wrx Overheating within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Car was hit about 2 months ago. I went to pick it up from the bodyshop 2 days ago. they ...

06 Wrx Overheating

Car was hit about 2 months ago. I went to pick it up from the bodyshop 2 days ago. they replaced the whole front end. Im driving it home and the temp starts to rise. I added some coolant and it was fine. Drove it for 40-50 miles and then it starts to rise again. The bodyshop never started the car only filled up the radiator/power steering, charged ac etc.. And I thought maybe the t-stat might have went bad while it was sitting for 2 months. So I replaced it and refilled. Having the same problem. Ill fill it and drive it around and as soon as the temp starts to rise the overflow tank will spew coolant out of it. Im thinking there might be an air pocket somewhere in the system? Anyone have some suggestions before I take it to get leak-down test.
    Last edited by 06Sleepr; 01-26-2007 at 06:39 PM.
    2006 Wrx Tr Fp Green

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

try burping the system. if you didnt already
    2006 OBP WRX

HAWK-EYE Alliance#072

I have tried that just not sure If I burped it long enough. It was shooting coolant pretty bad out of the overflow tank as soon as I filled it. Not really sure what else to check. Going to take it into the dealer on Mon.
    2006 Wrx Tr Fp Green

mine has symilar symptoms but im running a fpred and stock fans and radiator, i know my tstat isnt stuck and i cant find a air pocket anywhere. It starts to overheat when I get into it and spews out of my overflow. Im thinking my radiator cant cool fast enough with the added heat from more combustion from a higher volume turbo.

It kind of sounds to me like the radiator. If it was a stuck thermostat, it wouldn't take as long to overheat. And if it were an air bubble, you overflow tank would be bubbling before it started overheating. Plus, by now, it's worked all of the bubbles out.

I think either the fans aren't running, or the radiator is clogged/obstructed.

having the same problem with an 02 wrx. replaced thermostat days ago. and radiator months ago. keeps overheating. need help!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.