Looking to get an idea on maintenance costs (Timing belt, water pump, clutch, etc.)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking to get an idea on maintenance costs (Timing belt, water pump, clutch, etc.) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2002 WRX with 80,000 miles on it. I am tryign to decide what I want to do. ...

Looking to get an idea on maintenance costs (Timing belt, water pump, clutch, etc.)

I have a 2002 WRX with 80,000 miles on it. I am tryign to decide what I want to do. I am thinking about maybe getting a new car and trading mine in but I am having a hard time justifying all the costs. Therefore I am tryign to get an idea on the costs that I would most likely see if I was to keep my car for another 30,000 miles or so.

Can you guys help me estimate the costs for the following items: (I am looking for the estimates to reflect the cost for the parts plus the labor) I realize labor rates vary depending on where you live but I just need estimates:

- Replace Timing Belt and water pump? (Any other items I should replace at this time?)

- Replace Clutch
    - Replace struts (Rear)
    - Replace Struts (Front)
    - New Break Rotors (Front)
    - Wheel Bearing Replacment (2 wheels)
    - Alingment (4-wheel)

Throw some ideas my way on what the costs would be.
    Last edited by Jasno999; 01-24-2007 at 09:24 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just bought an 02 and the struts were ready to go. I replaced them with KYB struts because OEM were much more expensive. I am also wondering about the rotors/pads and clutch though. As far as an alignment, most places around me charge around $70-$80.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasno999 View Post
    - Replace Timing Belt and water pump? (Any other items I should replace at this time?)

- Replace Clutch
    - Replace struts (Rear)
    - Replace Struts (Front)
    - New Break Rotors (Front)
    - Wheel Bearing Replacment (2 wheels)
    - Alingment (4-wheel)

Throw some ideas my way on what the costs would be.
    Timing belt is due at 105k
    Clutch average from a dealer is around 1000
    Brake rotors around 90 a piece
    Wheel bearing 1 side, looking at 405-450
    4 wheel alignment can vary from 70-90

Keep in mind this is off the top of my head using a dealer price.
    http://svt4u2try.com | Myspace | Photos
    97 Cobra, 98 Z/28 hardtop

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.