Looking to get an idea on maintenance costs (Timing belt, water pump, clutch, etc.)

This is a discussion on Looking to get an idea on maintenance costs (Timing belt, water pump, clutch, etc.) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2002 WRX with 80,000 miles on it. I am tryign to decide what I want to do. ...

Looking to get an idea on maintenance costs (Timing belt, water pump, clutch, etc.)

I have a 2002 WRX with 80,000 miles on it. I am tryign to decide what I want to do. I am thinking about maybe getting a new car and trading mine in but I am having a hard time justifying all the costs. Therefore I am tryign to get an idea on the costs that I would most likely see if I was to keep my car for another 30,000 miles or so.

Can you guys help me estimate the costs for the following items: (I am looking for the estimates to reflect the cost for the parts plus the labor) I realize labor rates vary depending on where you live but I just need estimates:

- Replace Timing Belt and water pump? (Any other items I should replace at this time?)

- Replace Clutch
    - Replace struts (Rear)
    - Replace Struts (Front)
    - New Break Rotors (Front)
    - Wheel Bearing Replacment (2 wheels)
    - Alingment (4-wheel)

Throw some ideas my way on what the costs would be.
    Last edited by Jasno999; 01-24-2007 at 08:24 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just bought an 02 and the struts were ready to go. I replaced them with KYB struts because OEM were much more expensive. I am also wondering about the rotors/pads and clutch though. As far as an alignment, most places around me charge around $70-$80.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasno999 View Post
    - Replace Timing Belt and water pump? (Any other items I should replace at this time?)

- Replace Clutch
    - Replace struts (Rear)
    - Replace Struts (Front)
    - New Break Rotors (Front)
    - Wheel Bearing Replacment (2 wheels)
    - Alingment (4-wheel)

Throw some ideas my way on what the costs would be.
    Timing belt is due at 105k
    Clutch average from a dealer is around 1000
    Brake rotors around 90 a piece
    Wheel bearing 1 side, looking at 405-450
    4 wheel alignment can vary from 70-90

Keep in mind this is off the top of my head using a dealer price.
    http://svt4u2try.com | Myspace | Photos
    97 Cobra, 98 Z/28 hardtop