lhjkXDGhjk
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on lhjkXDGhjk within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Car wont start on cold day. buy new battery, new gold plated terminals, put a few gallons of fuel in ...

lhjkXDGhjk

Car wont start on cold day. buy new battery, new gold plated terminals, put a few gallons of fuel in the tank wait for a warm day, car still won't start what the hell? What do i do now? Car has been dieing at idle and i can't figure out why. I took it to subaru guy he tells me i have high back pressure and must have a melted cat. it doesn't. but i get a new down pipe anyway now that i sawed my old one in half to see my cat. now this, my damn car has turned into a pos hotrod that has a billion problems that are unfixable and a total mystery to me. what the hell? I just changed the front o2 sensor because it had a cut wire. That was the last time i drove it. It was a snowy ***** out though, but i even took out the air filter just to see if it was full of snow, it wasn't. i feel like i've done every thing and then some. yet i can't get my friggin car to start.please help.
    Last edited by autowagon; 01-16-2007 at 05:47 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Spark plugs? Did you replace the O2 with a good factory one or one from autozone? Did you replace both 02s or just one?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Modern cars are a maze of electronics and complicated systems that can be very illusive to diagnose, but the basic principles still apply regardless of the complexity. You need air, compression, spark and fuel. Timing is another possibility for poor engine performance.

The correct way of diagnosing this would be to have a mechanic plug a reader into the car while its trying to idle and collect information from the sensors to give you a better idea as to where to start looking. There is a possibility that the computer its self is messed up or perhaps something connected to the computer is at fault. Diagnosing each part of the system blindly would take a very long time and a lot of effort.
    Subaru 06 WRX in WRB.

i got the front o2 sensor from subaru for like 200 bucks even though i could have ordered the same thing for 150 elsewhere. i only changed that sensor, i don't have one in the uppipe i threw in the resister. i always thought it was a vacume leak but i've never been able to find one and thats why i brought it to subaru finally. It is a custom tune from christian at cobb. i wouldn't think its the tune but i don't know what else it could be. I have a grounding kit on it and a turboxs power pack 2ignition amplifier (soldered all connections myself, no prob there). I was hoping that maybe the new perrin down pipe (not that i really gave the "too much back pressure" theory much merit as a diagnosis for an idle problem) and the new o2 sensor would fix my idle prob. but now my car is dead in the driveway and i can't even get it started to find out. Is there a fuse i could have blown by trying to jump it with my battery charger's 100 amp quick start setting? I've always just used it as a battery charger not a jumping device but i didn't like the way the needle was jumping around.
    Last edited by autowagon; 01-16-2007 at 06:51 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    That was an egr probe, not 02.. Anyway the car wont start so make sure you can hear the fuel pump, if you cant hear the fuel pump check there, if you can hear the fuel pump, check the filter, if it goes past the filter make sure you have spark, if you dont have spark, check there. Other than that, if you have fuel and spark maybe your tbelt broke or your timing is badly off..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Moved to Troubleshooting...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

how's the easiest way to see if my fuel pump is working? I hear a short buzz when i turn the key on which i figure is the pump priming the system, but it seems like there is no fuel because it keeps cranking but won't fire or stumble but rarely no matter how much i pump the gas. Do i have to take a fuel rail off? Is it possible that there was a little water in the gas and it froze somewhere blocking the flow? The car is black so some evaporation could have taken place under the hood but not all the way under the car on a snow covered driveway. Too bad i can't bring some gassoline to a boil and try and put it in the tank (joke).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.