Keeping WRX in very cold region - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Keeping WRX in very cold region within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My buddy has an inverter tied into a solar panel. He keeps his block heater plugged into it and the ...

My buddy has an inverter tied into a solar panel. He keeps his block heater plugged into it and the sun delivers enough charge to power the block heater.
    Interesting - I guess this only works during the day though right? Or does it somehow store the juice for use during the night time hours?
    02 wagon stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah

Yeah. Daylight only. You can get powerpacks too that store energy as well. And plug the block heater into those. You can also (this is what he also does when he plugs in at work) have a charger that fits into the lighter plug. This is tied into the solar panel. So, while he has daylight, it actually fully charges the battery while he is working.

RedTop Fitment

Quote Originally Posted by bkotzman00 View Post
    you must be one of those shiny garage kept car guys

mine stays outside around here and it is no problem but I have an Optima Red Top so that helps to
    Hey I drive a 2004 WRX and bought an optima RedTop #35. I was wondering if you guys had a problem reaching the positive terminal with the battery cable. The Optima I bought has the terminals at the bottom of the battery instead of the top and the cable is just too short. Maybe I bought the wrong battery? Are all #35s the same?

Thanks
    '04 WRX Wagon
    Crucial Racing Springs
    Progress Front and Rear Sway Bars
    Helix Endlinks Front and Rear
    SSR Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by daveorama View Post
    Hey I drive a 2004 WRX and bought an optima RedTop #35. I was wondering if you guys had a problem reaching the positive terminal with the battery cable. The Optima I bought has the terminals at the bottom of the battery instead of the top and the cable is just too short. Maybe I bought the wrong battery? Are all #35s the same?

Thanks
    I have a picture of one and the numbers on it says its a 8020-165 35. Don't know if that will help...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrvr View Post
    I have a picture of one and the numbers on it says its a 8020-165 35. Don't know if that will help...
    Yeah I couldn't find those numbers anywhere. I must have the wrong battery...Damn you Advanced Auto!! I attached an image of the problem. Is your optima set up like the one I have??

Thanks again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails car_setup.jpg  
    '04 WRX Wagon
    Crucial Racing Springs
    Progress Front and Rear Sway Bars
    Helix Endlinks Front and Rear
    SSR Competitions

The pic is in my photbucket site in the info album...Not my car but the red top does come with the reversed poles to fit the Subaru...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the part # for the correct red-top, but its on my computer at home. I'll look later for it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123