Keeping WRX in very cold region - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Keeping WRX in very cold region within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by bkotzman00 yea I noticed in another thread that eventhough you have a bugeye you have the same ...

Quote Originally Posted by bkotzman00 View Post
    yea I noticed in another thread that eventhough you have a bugeye you have the same or less miles than my blobeye

Not from me though......i just bought it last year......it only had 17,000 on it when i picked it up
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Robman7835 View Post
    Not from me though......i just bought it last year......it only had 17,000 on it when i picked it up
    nice I bought my 04 in april 05 with 16,000 it now has 49,000
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

nice I bought my 04 in april 05 with 16,000 it now has 49,000
    dam....puttin crazy miles on that thing.....im about to hit 25,000
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by Robman7835 View Post
    dam....puttin crazy miles on that thing.....im about to hit 25,000
    meh, thats only about 18,000 a year and the average is 15,000 a year

what can I say I like my joy rides and I took it on one vacation that was 600 miles one way not to mention the driving that I did there
    04 WRX Java Black
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

meh, thats only about 18,000 a year and the average is 15,000 a year

what can I say I like my joy rides and I took it on one vacation that was 600 miles one way not to mention the driving that I did there

Yea.....i think the main thing that keeps my miles down is the summer.....i drive my old explorer to work every day of the week, so that helps alot.... I put alot of miles on my car though when school is in......
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

yea I drive mine everywhere

oh yea sorry to the OP for the slight highjack
    04 WRX Java Black
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

I am very pis.sed off! I hadn't driven my WRX in the past two days and it's been very @#$^ cold here in MI. Car wouldn't start this morning But the Chevy did!

Ours are 4x4 cars yet I've noticed very poor performance (and start-up) in cold weather.

Anyone has an idea how to start it up again? I don't have access to an electric outlet nearby (carport).

Quote Originally Posted by shqipo View Post
    I am very pis.sed off! I hadn't driven my WRX in the past two days and it's been very @#$^ cold here in MI. Car wouldn't start this morning But the Chevy did!

Ours are 4x4 cars yet I've noticed very poor performance (and start-up) in cold weather.

Anyone has an idea how to start it up again? I don't have access to an electric outlet nearby (carport).
    well being from alaska i've heard some pretty funny things that might work... 1 being blow drying something lol i can't remember what though, but i think your best bet is just bring an extension cord into the house and plug it in for a couple hours.... sure your window or whatever you fed it though may be cracked for a little bit but it works and doesn't make you look like a complete fool who might have taken his heated blanket and covered up his engine for about an hour or so... lol i've never tried any of that (other than plugging it in) but apparently some others have and i guess it works... how cold is it anyhoo? I've neglected plugging in my subie a few times up in the big AK but my subie has never really had too much of a prob. starting in the morn...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Get a new battery??

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Get a new battery??

and maybe a battery warmer?????
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by fyrspray View Post
    how cold is it anyhoo? I've neglected plugging in my subie a few times up in the big AK but my subie has never really had too much of a prob. starting in the morn...
    "normal" temp has been -2 or -5, windchill -15.

"normal" temp has been -2 or -5, windchill -15.
    wow that's not bad at all! i remember goin out in -30 and it was a little slow to start but compared to the circumstances i guess it wasn't that bad.... but there were only a couple times it didn't start for me... (1 being when i went to fairbanks and it got down to -60.... not including the windchill....)

I got it to work, it needed a jump. I guess sitting there in the coooold for 2 days the battery didn't take it too well.

-30 and -60??? Holy sh!t, you wouldn't see me anytime soon around there! How the hell do ppl live there?!

I got it to work, it needed a jump. I guess sitting there in the coooold for 2 days the battery didn't take it too well.

-30 and -60??? Holy sh!t, you wouldn't see me anytime soon around there! How the hell do ppl live there?!
    lol it gets lonely a lot... people just stayin in their houses n all... only goin to the store when needed... but it also creates a happy atmosphere in local places since you're always like "OH SOMEONE! HI! how ya been?!?" lol even if you don't like the person you're still nice to em... still not totally for sure why that is... unless you're in anchorage... lol a lot of people there so it's just like your ave. city...

Solar

My buddy has an inverter tied into a solar panel. He keeps his block heater plugged into it and the sun delivers enough charge to power the block heater. All together cost was less then $60 american.

-42 C last night here, works out to -44 F. Thank god for garages.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.