Acceleration trouble please help!!!

This is a discussion on Acceleration trouble please help!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone!!! I'm new to this forum and have just registred. About a month ago I bought a 02 WRX, ...

Acceleration trouble please help!!!

Hello everyone!!!
    I'm new to this forum and have just registred.
    About a month ago I bought a 02 WRX, it was crushed a little, and needed a full paint work done. Also I had to take the engine out of the car which was not starting at that time. Right now I've put the engine back in, it works, I've fitted everything correctly as I've compared to my friend WRX. but I'm experiencing trouble, when I accelerate it speeds up like diesel VW Polo , after 3000 rpm, when the turbine should kick in it gets worse.
    I took my car to diagnostics, and it showed:
    - O2 sensor malfunction and a faulty speed sensor on the gearbox. I've changed yesterday both of these, but there is no change. the check engine light is still blinking at me. I suspect that I bough a wrong O2 sensor.
    And there is strange noise coming from the engine, may be there is wrong cam timing on one of the cam shafts, that is why the car behaves like this and strange sounds are heared. Tonight I'll check cam timing.

Any Ideas on this subject, today when I read your forum i saw that some people had problems with their O2 sensors.

P.S. sorry if my English isn't good.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Check the cam timing.

I'll try. I also was thinking that the ECU is screwed up.
    when I was dealing with the wiring I found a black wire coming from ECU and lead no where, I have no Idea what it was from may be a boost controller? It went separate from a factory wiring.

I've changed cam timing yesterday, it was a liitle wrong than it should. There is difference, car accelerates much faster but still something is wrong. After 4000 rpm it still acts like VW polo.