06 TR K&N panel filter fitment
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06 TR K&N panel filter fitment within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone with an 06 TR out there that went with a K&N panel filter instead of an intake system? I ...

06 TR K&N panel filter fitment

Anyone with an 06 TR out there that went with a K&N panel filter instead of an intake system? I got it in but it was real tight to get in there. seems like the rubber surround seems too thick and interferes with getting those two tabs in on the bottom of the airbox lid. checked the part number before getting it with K&N. I have part number 33-2233 filter. anyone out there have to trim the gasket to make it fit better? Alternative part numbers that work better????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had the same problem too but I got it to fit. I messed with it for a long time and it finally went.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

K&N part # 33-2232

correction: K&N part # 33-2232. yeah, at first i tried to half ass it. popped the two tabs and slid the old filter out and slid the k&n in. saw it wasn't closing right. then resorted to following K&N's more lengthy instructions. still real tight though.

Quote Originally Posted by 06WRXturbo View Post
    correction: K&N part # 33-2232. yeah, at first i tried to half ass it. popped the two tabs and slid the old filter out and slid the k&n in. saw it wasn't closing right. then resorted to following K&N's more lengthy instructions. still real tight though.
    There were actually instructions on the box? Specifically for Subaru?
    Please, do tell!

yeah when i get home i can scan it in and e-mail it to you. its gotta be out on the web somewhere too. if u cant find it, gimme ur email address and i'll send u a scan of it.

Perrin AFTA-MAF hose & k&n panel filter

Just got my perrin MAF hose today. Went to install it but b/c the fitment on the airbox is such a tight fit, i couldn't get the hose on until i dropped my OEM filter back in. Anyone out there with an 06 that has both installed at the same time? If the k&n and the perrin MAF are incompatible, i was thinking of trying the STi oem filter but i don't think it is washable/re-useable and it's $80 i think. twice the price of the k&n. HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by 06WRXturbo View Post
    yeah when i get home i can scan it in and e-mail it to you. its gotta be out on the web somewhere too. if u cant find it, gimme ur email address and i'll send u a scan of it.
    Thanks, I'd like to see that. rgvernon@cwnet.com

Rob

Problem solved

Actually followed the directions and removed the airbox. wasn't bad, 2 bolts pulled everything out and the k&n dropped right in without any issues. Lined the two tabs up on the bottom and installed the assembled airbox back in the car. Didn't even have to disconnect the two radiator catch hoses on the top of the airbox lid. Took maybe 20 minutes and now both my Perrin MAF hose and k&n filter are in!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.