Did I get the right bulb?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Did I get the right bulb? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently ordered some PIAA Ion Crystal fog light bulbs. I installed them and they're great. Nice and bright yellow ...

I Support ClubWRX

Did I get the right bulb?

I recently ordered some PIAA Ion Crystal fog light bulbs. I installed them and they're great. Nice and bright yellow light. That's all good but I stumbled on this page recently (I'd seen it before but not recently):

http://www.piaa.com/h3bulbs.html

Now, the bulbs came in Japanese packaging and I can't read anything other than "H3 12V, 55W=85W" and the part number H-123 that doesn't match any part number on PIAA's website. The only thing that is confusing me is that the bulbs looked like the "Super Plasma" bulb picture on that site, not the "Ion Crystal" picture? What's up? The Super Plasmas would put out a white light, right? Not yellow?

I like the bulbs fine - they do what I wanted them to: they're yellow. That picture is just bugging me!

Chris
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    You're fine. The coating in the website looks more like the Super Plasma.

If you put a piece of (white) paper behind the bulb, you should see yellow through the bulb and on the paper.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I actually found a little sticker on the other box (they came individually packaged) that does say Ion Crystal with the correct US part #13555. They definitely throw yellow light with just a little faint blue around the edges.

I am correct in assuming the Super Plasma would throw a white light, right?

C
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

tan
    "white" is such a broad term people use.

It's more look blue-filtered "white" light.

Resurrecting the Dead

Would these PIAA Super Plasma H3 bulbs be beneficial? I am not too worried about bad weather, I am just looking for something better than stock that will work well with my Silverstar headlights.

Pic:

Link: http://www.ttstuff.com/Merchant2/mer...ode=PIAA-15556
    Last edited by AjIsDope; 07-21-2003 at 06:11 PM.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.