Fog lites on w/out headlites option??

This is a discussion on Fog lites on w/out headlites option?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey folks, Brand new here-LOVE the Impreza. Wish I would have bought one a long time ago. I live high(9,600 ...

Fog lites on w/out headlites option??

Hey folks,

Brand new here-LOVE the Impreza. Wish I would have bought one a long time ago.
    I live high(9,600 alt) in the Colorado mountains, and it is very often extremely foggy when I go to work. Headlites blind you staring into the fog. Was wondering if anyone knew a way to wire it so that I could have just the parking and fog lamps on, as I have already killed the daytime driving lites and have yellow bulbs in the foglamps.

Thanks for any advice!!!

Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Search for "fog lamp mod" here and/or scoobymods.com, there's a couple sets of instructions.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Make sure to introduce yourself in the new members area since this was your 1st post and you are obviously new.

I finally get to say this " DO A SEARCH NEWB"!! someone else would definitely have said this had i not done it first.

i did the search for ya and here is a good thread about it:

Fog Lights ON without the headlights

hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Wow, thanks for the useful replies!!

I appreciate it guys - this fog lamp aspect from the factor is meant to be safer, but in truly heavy fog it's really dangerous.

JB