Stage 2 OBD Code 06B3
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stage 2 OBD Code 06B3 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm at work and had the check engine light come on right as I pulled in. All my Accessport stuff ...

Stage 2 OBD Code 06B3

I'm at work and had the check engine light come on right as I pulled in. All my Accessport stuff is at home ftl and I'm nervous about moving it. Anyone know what OBD code 06B3 means? I just put a new clutch in so I'm figuring it is smething minor, but since I just spend alot of $$ I'm leery of doing it again
    America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.p...odeDefinitions

How did you read the code if your AP is at home?

06B3 doesn't seem like a valid code. It should only be numeric.

Maybe P0638?

Patrick
    RSX-S
    Sold: '03 WRX Wagon (bugeyes rock!)

no, that was definitely the code and thats why I'm confused. I have the actual AP in the glovebox but all the others things ( like the map manager, instructin book, etc) is at home. I just got the car 2 months ago and am still getting used to the AP.

Did you check Cobb's website?

Is the car acting funny?

Later,
    Patrick
    RSX-S
    Sold: '03 WRX Wagon (bugeyes rock!)

I checked Cobb's website and couldnt find anything that matched up. The car hasn't been acting funny at all, besides getting used to a new clutch that far exceeds the stock (i put an EXEDY clutch in to replace the stock). It bucks a little bit shifting from 1st to 2nd but i think that's more "user error" than anything else. sort of at a loss here...not running hot, all the fluids are ok, no weird noises or anything like that

in my srt its okay to drive as long as the CEL is'nt blinking, usually the check engine light will have something to do with emissioins, i dont know much about subarus though. i wouldn't worry about it too much as long as everything sounds okay and is running okay. is your gas cap screwed on right? you could take it to a local autozone and have the code read there.
    06 CGM STi
    ERZ Downpipe, K and N Drop in filter.
    Welfare Mods:Silencer Delete

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i checked the gas cap and its on fine. i even called Cobb b/c the code isn't numeric; there's letters in it and it doesnt start with a P. I'll swing it by autozone tonight to see if they can help me out. i'm probably more paranoid than anything else but in the end i just want this light to go off

Quote Originally Posted by mattysrex View Post
    i checked the gas cap and its on fine. i even called Cobb b/c the code isn't numeric; there's letters in it and it doesnt start with a P. I'll swing it by autozone tonight to see if they can help me out. i'm probably more paranoid than anything else but in the end i just want this light to go off
    reset the ecu, that should take care of the problem if its not consistent, you should be okay.
    06 CGM STi
    ERZ Downpipe, K and N Drop in filter.
    Welfare Mods:Silencer Delete

05 Flame RED SRT-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thanks alot guys. i got it over to autozone and got the REAL CEL code - P0851: Neutral Switch Circuit Low Input. I reset the ECU and will wait to see if anything comes of it. Much appreciated!

Apparently this code relates to a transmission issue. just replaced my clutch 2 days ago (stock to Exedy OEM).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.