TurboXS Stealthback cat question

This is a discussion on TurboXS Stealthback cat question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Tonight on my way to my buddy's house, I hear a loud KATONK sound underneath my car like something bounced ...

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar

Question TurboXS Stealthback cat question

Tonight on my way to my buddy's house, I hear a loud KATONK sound underneath my car like something bounced around down there, and then the exhaust got loud. Didn't feel like I was losing any power though.

I got to my friend's house and had him rev it a little bit while I looked under the car and I found it.

There's a little bung on the Driver's side of the high-flow cat. It looks like something's' supposed to screw into there, and I'm guessing that's what flew out of my exhaust.

Does anyone know what belongs there? An 02 sensor or something? I need to get this fixed.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

O2 sensor is correct. you need to replace that. it should be connected to a yellow thick tube.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

cool, thanks man.

That being said, does anyone know if this problem is uncommon or not? An O2 sensor popping out? Should I be concerned?

Also, shouldn't I be getting a CEL?
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh View Post
    cool, thanks man.

That being said, does anyone know if this problem is uncommon or not? An O2 sensor popping out? Should I be concerned?

Also, shouldn't I be getting a CEL?
    I would have thought so, though I've never put it to the test. Are you running EM that would be inhibiting a CEL due to that O2 sensor being out?

Seems to me like that sensor is held in by a bunch of threads, can't imagine it just "blowing out". Also, since there's a wire attached, it should resist being unscrewed due to vibration. Kinda weird.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I would have thought so, though I've never put it to the test. Are you running EM that would be inhibiting a CEL due to that O2 sensor being out?

Seems to me like that sensor is held in by a bunch of threads, can't imagine it just "blowing out". Also, since there's a wire attached, it should resist being unscrewed due to vibration. Kinda weird.
    That's what I thought...all I can see is just an empty threaded hole. I haven't been able to look at it closely yet, but there doesn't seem to be any wiring and/or harness dangling in the area.

I am running Cobb Stage 2, maybe that would clear any type of CEL.
    In any case I ordered a replacement from subiegal. Much cheaper than the dealer from what I hear.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh View Post
    I am running Cobb Stage 2, maybe that would clear any type of CEL.
    In any case I ordered a replacement from subiegal. Much cheaper than the dealer from what I hear.

Subiegal rocks.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon